Thursday, January 24, 2008

Working

So I started working at HR Block this week, and strange enough I kinda like it. I know I am a freak because I like doing taxes, but I think that I like the social aspect about it a lot and the taxes don't bother me. So I worked for 3 days, and wore my eyes out, and found that I like being home too. I do understand a little better when husbands come home and on their day off they just want to relax for a while because it is nice to just sit. That is what I have done most of the day, but then I started feeling bad. Nathan is a great husband that works so hard to support us so that I can stay home, the least I can do is make the house presentable when he comes home. It also helps that someone was coming over this afternoon, but I always feel better when the house looks good. But when the kids are following you around the house, it is a bad thing. Those are the nice times for the movies or cartoons that can occupy them long enough to hide everything that you are putting away. I am teaching them that they need to clean, and rewarding for it, but sometimes it is just easier to do it myself. Boy I hope this job doesn't make me lazy at home. We shall see.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I know what you mean about the social thing. I started Mary Kay for the money, but now I think I would do it even if I didn't make a dime. It is time without my kids with other adults. I think when both of my kids are in school I am going to get a little part-time job. I love the stay-at-home-mom thing, but I really do miss being around adults. I think that's why I love bloging so much. I can write and people respond. They write and I can respond. It's almost like having a little taste of adult conversation. Anyway, now that I have written a novel I will go. That's the problem with this being my only source of adult conversation, I go on and on. We need to set up a private chatroom and schedule a time when everyone can get on or something. It would be fun.

le35 said...

Katie, I love the private chatroom thing. I also agree about the adult conversation. If you're ever in need of some good adult conversation while you clean or something, feel free to give me a call. I do my best, and sometimes only, cleaning when on the phone. Otherwise, I spend a good portion of the day, when I'm not taking care of kids, blogging.