Friday, January 25, 2008

Grouchy Kid

Dailynn is having way too much fun waking up all hours of the night. I think (not sure because I was so tired) the last 2 nights Dai has come in and slept for a short time on our floor. Of course I do have to wake up in the process because Dai always wants me to know what she is doing. So that I don't mind too much, it is when she wakes up a short while later screaming for no reason. That means double awake. Then of course Dai doesn't sleep past 7:30, no matter how exhausted she may be. I don't mind the 7:30, I am usually waking up about then, it is the 6:30 when she is opening and closing my door trying not to disturb me or something that irks me. Then of course by about 10 she is so exhausted she can't think straight and thinks that I am a punching bag. I tend to be out doing errands at this time, so it is hard to rebuke the horrible behavior of hitting me in the face, clawing my face, pulling my hair and anything else she can do to inflict pain while I am trying to strap her car seat. I swear that sometimes people are walking past my car thinking she is a holy terror. So I guess the only thing I can really try is to just go home the instant she acts this way and throw her in bed. The last 2 days she has taken her nap at 11 (not falling asleep until 12) and it seems to work. She wakes up about 2 and is a much happier kid all day, and even goes to sleep a little earlier at night, it is a little less work and time. I still would prefer to have her sleep through the night so that I can.

1 comment:

le35 said...

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow with kids. With Jackie, I just had to stop my errands when she started acting up and go back later. It's a HUGE pain in the neck for me, but she loves to go so much that it seems to work. I just tell her she can't come with me when I go back. Things are getting better. Good luck to you.