Monday, January 21, 2008

Lost Bowl

I know I am a perfectionist on some things, that includes dishes. So while I unload the dishes, I count my bowls, plates, tinsels, and occasionally the cups. Then as I load up the dishwasher (because I don't unload until we are completely out of dishes) I keep counting. I do this so that I know how hard to search the house for my missing dishes.
For the last 2 weeks or so I have been missing a bowl. It is rather nerve racking especially when it is a favorite. (yes we have favorite dishes) So of course I checked all the normal places for it the computer desk, the shelf behind our chairs, under the furniture, and in the couch.
Yes I did say the couch. The couches we have are very good at hiding objects like a vase, shoes, gloves, and the traditional crayons, toys, socks, and anything that easily hides. Not money though, imagine that. Our bottomless pit of couches have not yielded our missing favorite bowl, so the search continues. If you find a missing blue bowl, let me know we truly do miss it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am so glad I am not the only person who counts things like that! My husband thinks I am a nut, but it really does help keep track of things. Anyway, I'm glad you are blogging. It is such a fun way to keep in touch, and you get to hear all the great little everyday stories that would ordinarily be forgotten. Welcome to the world of blogging, you are going to love it!

Our Corner said...

YEA!!!! another blog friend :)welcome to the world of blogging. :)

le35 said...

Thanks for the blog, EM! I love it! Good luck with the bowl. Have you tried underneath your kids' beds yet? That seems to be a place Jackie hids stuff she shouldn't have. I couldn't find one of my shoes for WEEKS.