Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sleep

Why do kids think sleep is over rated. It really isn't!! I quite enjoy it when I have the time for it. At bed time Dailynn has mastered the art of stalling. Of course she does have to keep her parents on track and ask for the vitamin pill, drink, and brush teeth. That I don't mind most of the time it is the insistence of having 35 books, 10 stuffed animals, 20 toys, blankets, and anything else she can get in the bed with her. Avi has calmed down with that a little, she just has 4 blankets 3 pillows, 3-5 stuffed animals and as many books as mom or dad will give her. Dailynn just does it so that she can stay up longer and not go to sleep. Her favorite bed time phrase is "I can't sleep". Avi on the other hand will be konked out in 5 min if her sister would just stay in bed. There have even been some times when Nathan and I have fallen asleep before Dailynn. Any hints on getting them to stay?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I know how you feel. Adia's thing is "I'm not sleepy". How can she not be sleepy? She wakes up at four in the morning, goes strong all day, no nap, and NEVER stops talking or moving for more than five seconds at a time! I'm totally pooped from just being around her, and she's not sleepy!?! Honestly, I have a trick I can share with you, but it's much to long to write here. I will let you in on it the next time we talk. Hang in there.

Geo said...

Here's the trick...lock and run. Caitin is the same, hoarding everything she owns onto the bed so there is harly room for herself. When she is particularly bad about it we just close the door and let her do it. We, of course, know all the answers, so this is obviously the only and best solution.

p.s. Sarah's name has an "h" on the end.

Geo said...

p.p.s. I mispelled hardly in my previous comment.

p.p.p.s. While I'm in a critical mood, the link to jeff and kenzie's page is spelled wrong. :P

p.p.p.p.s. Welcome to blog-world!

le35 said...

Good luck on that! :) If anyone gives you some tricks, please pass them along. I can get mine to sleep at night, but staying asleep is a whole different story. If you want to know that you're not alone, view this post: http://attachedparent.blogspot.com/2007/12/sleep.html

Welcome to blogging! Also, thanks for linking to my blog! (However, I am in the RObinson family not the Ribinson family. :) Thanks bunches Em!