Monday, February 4, 2008

Winter

Ok, so for that last few winters I have loathed them so much. I hate the cold so much and there was not enough snow at any time to make a snowman. Well this year is different. It isn't the nasty cold that freezes you while you are in your home wrapped in blankets, and with a new blanket of snow just about every day, it is a beautiful winter wonderland here. Yesterday we got about 10 in or so of snow and it was cool. Yes we did have to find the car just as much after church as before, but it was worth it. Today we will build snowmen and tomorrow we will go sledding for the first time with the girls. I am so excited to be happy about the weather and the fun it is this year. Dailynn is always excited to go outside in the snow. She thinks that the only places to walk outside are in the snow, so no matter what shoes she is wearing, she is walking in the foot deep snow just for the fun of it. She has wet pants all to often. Luckily we are getting her to stop that, it is getting too deep for her to walk in.

3 comments:

Our Corner said...

It's great huh. Plus not only do we get to have fun in the snow at winter.. but consider the water we'll have in the spring and summer.oh yeah! :)

Katie said...

I am totally amazed by the snow. I too, have hated winter for the last several years, but this year,being up here, I love it. I haven't seen this much snow in one winter since I was a little girl (if ever:)And to think, people here still pray for help from the drought(SP?)It is nuts. This is going to make me sound silly, but I have always thought that getting more than a foot of snow in one storm was a myth. I just didn't think it happened in Utah. This year we have had several different storms here where we got more than a foot. Crazy!

le35 said...

I'm SO jealous of the snow, however, I'm loving the weather here. The high is 72 degrees today, and we're on our way to the park to play with our friends, in our church sleeves.