Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Valentine

Tomorrow is single awareness day, oh whoops valentines day and I wanted to give a tribute to my totally awesome valentine. I met Nathan a little over 7 years ago in my Japanese class. Sad to say it wasn't love at first sight because the first time I saw him I was so sick that all I could think about is wondering if I could make it through another class. When I got mostly better I came back to class and noticed a guy that hadn't been there before, and got put in a group with him during class. Since it was a small and tight nit class, everyone in there knew I was really sick, and he was pretty much the only one who didn't know me. Knowing that I would need some help catching up he offered to help me with my homework that weekend. I told him I would take him up on it, and when it came to Saturday that was my plan. I did make the mistake of catching up on calculus first, so by the time I got the to Japanese, I was too fried to study so I called and invited him to come hang out with me and some friends.

He agreed to hanging out, and we did a lot of it that night. After playing at the playground at the Elementary School, we went for pizza then to his sister's house to watch a movie. Before the movie he cremated me at a game of fooz-ball. During the movie some girl conversations were happening, you know the ones where words aren't exchanged and the men don't get it. That is when things started happening. I knew that I could like him and that he could do the same.

Our courtship wasn't too long, although much longer than many of our friends at the time. He spent so much time and energy trying to plan his proposal, and it turned out beautifully. Then he even put up with my families crazy antics when it came to the wedding.

For seven years we have known each other, and I love him more everyday. He always thinks about me at gift times and what I would love to have. He is a wonderful supporter, great friend, and always treats me like a princess. So to my dear sweet hubby, I LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

le35 said...

I'm so glad that you feel so loved, you're WAY awesome! Have a great Valentines day. Smile big.

Katie said...

Oh, how sweet. What a cutie!