Saturday, February 23, 2008

Work Out

So I have learned that family get-togethers are very great exercise. Last night we had a party at a church near my grandparents house. (The whole family is here for their 50th anniversary.) We started by playing a few games of dodge ball. I didn't do too great in it, but what ever. The most exhausting is the balloon on your leg game where you are trying to pop everyone else's balloons while trying to save yours from being popped. I didn't have any balloons, but I was trying to salvage Dailynn's, so I would run with her to the other kids, pick her up and try to drop her on the balloons. This is hard enough, but when the kids are running around so much that I had to pick her up 2-5 times for each balloon we saw. We got done with the game, Dailynn was laughing hard and I was exhausted.

Today we went rollerskating at the local rink. Dailynn got the whole idea down great, and after a hard time trying to get Avi to figure it out we just got her one of the little skooters. Rollerskating can be a pretty good work out as it is, but then when you are trying to balance while helping a small child balance between your legs and move around all while just learning how to use roller blades, that gets exhausting. Luckily we had a lot of family there, (about 50 people) so I was able to focus on one kid, then switch off so that both got to have a lot of fun. Not only am I going to be sore from all the work out, but I wiped out pretty bad once so have a sensative bum and hip tonight. I don't want to know how I will feel tomorrow.

2 comments:

le35 said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but at least it's a fun work. :) I'm so glad that you get to have that much fun with your kiddos!

I now have a picture of me and Jackie with our prizes from the race on my blog if you want to see it.

Our Corner said...

It sounds like you might be in a little pain for awhile. But the moemories your kids will have of mommy playing with them will be worth it. :)