Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Apripops

Ok, I know it has been a long time, but while my pictures copy over to my computer I might as well put in a food tip.

I got this from a great friend of mine that is just loving to do all this fruit and veggie preserving that I am enjoying right now. We are both teaching each other a lot. So we are both over run with Apricots, so to finish up some puree that we both had, so put it in her Popsicle container and froze it like popsicles. Add enough sugar to your puree to make it sweet enough to enjoy. They come out great, and are a healthy alternative. It also uses up some of the excess puree. Also fresh home made apricot jam is delicious. I have also made some fruit leather, and am hoping to maybe bottle some today, but I am not sure how to yet. Good luck and happy cooking.

No comments: