Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Phew

Has life slowed down yet?  Well since it is snowing today it sure feels like it.  I have been wanting to do this post for weeks, but with some absolutely wonderful weather and a house that has been slightly destroyed, I have had other things going on.

Keila is growing like a weed.  She is a little shy of 4 months old, and has finally decided that life is a little easier than she thought it was.
 Here is the blanket that my mom made for her.  She likes it don't you think.

 This is how she spent the time at La Sal if she wasn't in my arms.  The stinker didn't like anyone!
 We blessed Keila while we were down in La Sal.  Because it was Easter we had to have an Easter Bunny.

 
This is 3 mo. old wearing the outfit she came home from the hospital in.  she has grown a little you think?

 My friend Janina decided she doesn't like Utah weather anymore and ran away to Arizona.  We got together as friends to go for dinner and ice cream.  We miss them sooo much!
 Avi has some crooked teeth, so in order to keep them healthy and strong, she got braces put on the top.

Our trip to La  Sal for spring break, Easter, and time with cousins.


 "That's me in the picture"

 How many Easter Bunnies does it take to put Easter together?

 Who can pass up a tractor ride?






 What's a trip to La Sal without a jeep ride?

 As usual, Jeslyn can't stay awake on a jeep trip.


 Swimming with Grammy!  We love going to visit her and the pool.

 Fun at City Creek after swimming.
So I survived tax season.  I started working again when Keila was about 2 weeks old.  I only did it because it was peek and not only did I want to get in there to get my fair share of returns, but they needed me to help out as well.  The first month was a doosey and threatened to do me in, but once Keila started calming down a bit it was a little easier to think and focus on what I was doing.  All of my clients loved seeing her either in person or in the picture on my desk.  The last week of work was crazy!!!  I spent so much time in the office and did a lot of returns.  I ended up leaving work at 9:30 on the 15th because Keila was in desperate need of me, but then I found out the next day that the rest didn't leave until midnight.  Yuck.  Since then I have been cleaning my house.  I have found that I can't keep up with it, but I can keep it up to a descent level. 
The weather has been so wonderful lately that we have started our yard projects.  If you have been to my house you have seen the weed gardens that I have on the west of our driveway.  Nathan was looking at the street view of our house on google maps and was disgusted by it, so now we are in the process of changing it.  We have dug out most of the bricks and cinder blocks that have made up barriers and retaining walls.  Once we get the rest of the blocks up we will till the ground and start leveling to plant grass.  It is going to look so much better, and I can't wait for the grass to come up!
Projects on the summer schedule...
finish the tree house
revamp the garden
clean the basement
build a shed
fill a shed
bake sale
bake sale
bake sale
The girls believe they are going to save up enough money to buy a nexus so they are convinced that is going to happen by doing bake sales all summer.  I guess I will be teaching them about inventory, supplies, baking, pricing, etc. 
My other project this year is to finally fit into those size 12 shorts I bought 10 years ago.  Luckily I have breast feeding on my side to help with that.  I have been able to shed 12 lbs in 6 weeks, and am on track to keep up the pace if I just keep going.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Our Corner said...

Kelia (I think I spelled that wrong) is so precious. i love her blessing dress.

Our ABC Family said...

Love the updates and all the pictures! Little Avi is all grown up!!! You have a beautiful family!!!