Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Commitment

My friend Katie said that she wanted to run with her family in the Peach Days race next year and challenged us all to join her. She did that and I jumped at the chance. If you have known me for 10 years or so, you will know that I was on the Cross Country team in High School. No I wasn't good, but I had fun. So the last 2 years I have been aching to do a 5K run for a while, so this will just be so much fun for me.

I am so proud of Katie because she has never been a runner, so it is great that she wants to. She is probably starting out the right way too because I wouldn't ease into it that way. I would just run a half mile or so then walk a bit instead of the equal amounts of time like she researched to find out. I am hoping that when the time comes that I can do it, and keep up with her and her cute family.

If anyone else would like to join in on this, lets go for it!! Running is so good! For me it is a stress reliever. Last week on one of my walks, my friend and I were crossing a busy street so we ran and then ran the length of the cemetery because it felt so good to run. Watch out, I am going to start running you off the road.

3 comments:

Our Corner said...

It's going to feel like track again. :p Sereiously though I am really looking forward to running with the two of you. :) It'll be so much fun.

Katie said...

Don't worry about keeping up with my family, at the rate we are going we will probably come in dead last. Oh well, my slave driver kids might whip us into shape before the year is up. We'll see... I'm excited that you two are planning on running with us. It is going to be so fun!

le35 said...

I'm totally hoping that I can do it with all of you guys. I'm going to start training as soon as the baby comes, but it depends on where we are at that point and whether or not I can make it out to Utah.