Friday, May 23, 2008

Casualty

ok, so these aren't very good pictures, but maybe you get the picture. Dailynn was jumping on my bed yesterday, first whoops. We have their mirror in our room because we are trying to paint their room. It was standing against the wall in our room, second whoops. Well Dai fell off the bed and landed in the mirror. It shattered and cut her back up a little bit. As I was cleaning up I saw that the gash was quite wide, and having never had to deal with stitches myself, I had no idea if they were needed.

We called the doctor and asked if we could squeeze in (luckily it was only 4 when this happened). We got in avoiding the emergency room costs luckily. When we got there the doctor cleaned it up, said it wasn't very deep and glued it together.

Dailynn was such a trooper. She only cried for the few seconds it took for me to get her in the bathroom and find the damage. Then she stopped and just kinda whined "Mommy I won't do that again, Daddy I won't do that again." The whole rest of the day she just sat solemnly and talked about how the mirror had dropped on her. She really was in good spirits. At the Dr. office, she didn't cry, wince, or complain one bit the entire time. The Dr. was so amazed at how good she was, she just kept saying the whole time "Mommy I love you" while we were there. Then she was excited that she got a special paper that got her an ice cream cone and a kids meal as well as some stickers. Then when we got home she just wanted her medicine the whole night long.

What I learned from this is that I can not get into a medical field. I was calm through the whole ordeal, the blood didn't bother me, but to see the skin so deformed from the cut just about made me sick. The whole time the Dr. was cleaning her up I just had to watch Dailynn's face because it gave me the creeps to watch him take care of it. What a fun ordeal huh.

1 comment:

Our Corner said...

Ouch! I'm glad she didnt need to get stitchs. They arent very fun. :)