Friday, October 10, 2008

Hamburgers

ok, so I didn't realize that they way I make my hamburgers is actually a unique way until I had a bunch of friends over. I was making hamburgers, and we ran out so I had to put another batch together so that I could eat as well. So I started putting them together and realized that all the women were in there watching me with awed expressions. (we had like 13 adults there or something like that) So here is my recipe for great hamburgers.

so take your standard ground hamburger what ever % fat you want because I just go for the cheapest in the store at the time. Add a bit of Worcestershire sauce, I just kinda dump. Probably about a tablespoon per pound, but I couldn't tell you sorry. Then the real trick is to add finely shredded cheese. I think that mozzarella is the best, but cheddar or montery or anything you have is just as good. The amount, who knows again. probably about a half cup per pound, but that may be a bit much. Now get those hands disgusting by mixxing this up. Next just cook them up. I just found that the cheese makes it more moist and fall apart so nice while you eat it, but not while you cook it. I do put a peice of sliced cheese on top just before it is done so that it will melt on top.

Hopefully this works for you, and if it doesn't work out the first time, tweek as it needs to be. Let me know if you have any other things you like to do to improve your hamburgers.

5 comments:

Geo said...

Where in the world did you learn that? Certainly not from our mother! I'll try it! (Don't tell Sarah that I am, though...she does better with new ideas when she doesn't know it's new.) We usually use Creole Seasoning sprinkled on plain hamburger...makes un-seasoned burgers taste blah.

kEnZiE b said...

Hey I do this too!! Try it with your meatloaf, it's so good!!

Anderson's said...

I learned it from the food network, but I tweaked it to be a little more doable for me. The person on the show said to put cheese in the middle of the burger, and make it like a 2 inch thick thing, but that doesn't go so easily so I just mix it in. I don't think Nathan knows I do it either.

Katie said...

We do that at our house too, and when we are grilling outside, sometimes I add some BBQ sauce to the mixture as I am mixing it up too. It adds a little extra kick. We also found this lemon pepper seasoning that has a mixture of herbs along with the lemon pepper.(I think it's like Lemon Pepper and Seasoning or something generic like that from McCormic) Things like Dill and basil and stuff. It makes them sensational!

Our Corner said...

Thanks for posting this. I love your hamburgers they are so yummy