Friday, December 14, 2012

lesson from the BoM

So its that time of year again where everyone is asking for donations to the food bank.  At the school they are asking for 10 cans per kid and they get a ticket to go watch a movie at the high school next week. For some reason this year I'm just not excited to give food away.  I think its just that I have actually been using food from my storage this year and I guess I don't want to give it up, or I feel like Murphy has been attacking and I'm nervous to do so.  I express these feeling to Nathan last night, but when I was reading scriptures this morning this is what I got "I mean all you who deny the better, because ye have not; I would that ye say I in your hearts that: I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give.  And now, if ye say this in your hearts ye remain guilt less, otherwise ye are condemned; as and your condemnation is just for ye covet that which ye have not received" mosiah4:24-25.
I found it interesting that I read that little bit of scripture, and that its about the only part of the chapter that I paid attention to, on the morning after my comment and the last day of the school food drive.  I guess I get to go dig through the pantry and food storage before school today.

No comments: