Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

So I have been thinking about this post for a while now, and I think this is the perfect time for it. The number one thing I am thankful for is a living Heavenly Father who knows and loves me so much that he puts everything I need in front of me when I need it. I don't have everything I want, but anytime there is a need it is given to me.

I have noticed this before, but since we moved to our house 9 mo. ago, the instances seem to be so much more drastic, maybe because there is so much more in our lives. I had a hard time knowing if we were doing the right thing buying this house, but there is no question we are where we need to be. I have a great ward that I have been getting to know. I have wonderful neighbors, and good friends. I think that I had to move here just to have my friend Heidi so close. We both need each other so much and it is great to be near her.

Ok so the story that prompted this post. In Sept. Heidi got me this great job that lets me work from home as much as I can. First instance of the Lords hand is that the day I found out about the job, Nathan was randomly talking to co-workers and they were talking about a computer that was for sale. The computer was exactly what I needed for this job! Whoa huh! So then I have been doing this job making some money, paying off the computer and helping with the bills. Then I feel like I am really making some good money, well for how little I work, and I start stock piling it to pay a big chunk on a bill, I was so excited to be able to do that. So I ended up needing to go to court as a witness one day, and since Nathan needed to get his car in, he took it off to take it in and watch the kids for me. That afternoon we find out that the car was a much bigger deal than we thought. Needless to say we were worried about the big bill! The only thing I could think of is this stock pile of money I have been saving and how it was almost the exact amount that the car bill was. That is cool enough, but as I think about the timing, it gets even better. If we would have waited for this week like we had planned, we wouldn't have had the money, in fact if we would have waited another 3 days to get it in, I would have sent it to the bill already!

I have seen how the Lord has so much better timing than I do! If you question this, then just refresh yourself on my life over the last year and a half. My timing sucks, the Lords timing is perfect!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, I love this post! That is totally true. So tell me more about this job. It sounds great.
And randomly, for some reason I just want to give you a big hug right now. I'm missing you. Maybe I need to come visit you sometime soon.