Monday, August 9, 2010

Nursery

Yesterday I was sitting in RS listening to the announcements or something and I got asked by the primary pres to come help with nursery. This didn't surprise me because I am usually the first on the list called to sub. There were a few kids having a rough time and the class was larger than usual. Nathan is a worker in the older group of kids, so when we were switching rooms I left Jez to play with the toys with daddy. I am glad I did since in needed both knees for kids to sit in. When it came time to switch again, Nathan held J up and told her to walk to me. We have been waiting for a bout a month for her to start walking, she has been so close for that long. I asked if she had yet and he said that it was the cheating walk. I stood her up and stepped away from her and she took 4 steps to get to me. 2 more times during the rest of nursery she walked 4 steps again. Then after sacrament (we have backwards church) she did it again in the foyer.

Last night before we put her in bed she did it a few more times. We can see that she is still nervous about doing it, but her confidence is definitely building with it. There were 8 babies born in our ward from the beginning of Sept to the end of Oct and JJ was the last one. Of those 8 babies, JJ was the first to crawl and to walk. She is so smart and such a joy to have around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She did it! Tell her congratz! I can't wait to see it in action! Hope to see you soon!

Nina C