Saturday, October 13, 2012

cookies

Jeslyn and I were coming home from errands on Monday, and decided to enter through the garage for a few different reasons.  One of those was to get butter out of the freezer.  I gave her the butter to take to the kitchen while I took care of a few other things real quick.  In that time, so took the butter up. put it on the counter, and took one square out.  I come up and start wondering where that square is when I put it in the fridge.  All I can get from her is that she's making cookies.  Upon investigating, I find that she has unwrapped it and put it in the mixing bowl.  While I was looking, she was grabbing a measuring cup and finding the sugar bucket.  Luckily I caught her before she got the measuring cup semi full of sugar out of the bucket and over to the bowl.  It took a little convincing, but I got her to drop the idea of the cookies and go watch Ferb for a few minutes.  That's her favorite show right now, so I was lucky.  
A few hrs later I grabbed her and we made those cookies now that the butter wasn't a frozen block.  She did an amazing job of measuring and pouring in the ingredients (all but the eggs and shortening), but her favorite part was turning on and off the mixer for me.  When we started putting the dough on the pan, she did a sufficient job of spreading dough all over the pan for me as I made cookies around her project.  Luckily they were gooey enough that it didn't matter that they were smeared everywhere.  
Later when recounting the tale to Dad and a friend, she told how she turned on and off the mixer by raising her right arm in front of here and taking a few steps forward for off and backward for on multiple times just to get the point across.  For a 3 yr. old, she did a great job of making cookies! 

No comments: